Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone know anything about the t14’s JD-LLM programs in international law?

_oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
in General 3652 karma

More specifically in Penn and down since I didn’t apply higher than Penn. Duke seems to have really good resources but I found this out through speaking to the LLM dean and JD-LLM students. I was looking into Cornell and couldn’t find much about it online.

Comments

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    edited January 2019 1694 karma

Hey, sorry to ask a question instead of answering. I'm curious about the concept of the JD-LLM in international law, but don't understand the point. Can't you learn the exact same thing, and can't you spend a semester abroad as a normal JD? What is the benefit of the JD-LLM?
    PS: I am also really eying Duke and Cornell. Hope to see you there~

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Yeah I saw that. My question still stands if anyone has further detail

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

@Bamboosprout said:
    Hey, sorry to ask a question instead of answering. I'm curious about the concept of the JD-LLM in international law, but don't understand the point. Can't you learn the exact same thing, and can't you spend a semester abroad as a normal JD? What is the benefit of the JD-LLM?

Those are my same questions. I wonder if it makes someone a stronger candidate for jobs overseas or if JDs have the same opportunities. I’m also curious if for some countries maybe an LLM is just necessary to work there as an attorney and in others it isn’t..

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@oshun1 said:

@Bamboosprout said:

Those are my same questions. I wonder if it makes someone a stronger candidate for jobs overseas or if JDs have the same opportunities. I’m also curious if for some countries maybe an LLM is just necessary to work there as an attorney and in others it isn’t..

Lol, ok, I'll just post this question, then. Hahaha