Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apply now or wait?

in General 246 karma

HI everyone,

Looking for some advice and thought this type of thing could apply to some other people in similar situations. I Just took the January LSAT and am expecting a score in the 167-171 range based on my PT average of a 171 and how I felt about the test. I have a 3.85 undergrad GPA and currently work full time. I have one specific law school that I would like to attend and am probably going to be around their medians. However at this point I haven’t even started a single part of my application. No letters of Rec, no essays, absolutely nothing. Is it worth it for me to try and put an application together and apply at the end of the cycle this year or should I just be waiting until next year at this point? I’m also worried that getting rejected this year could hurt my chances next year if I was essentially just to reapply with the same numbers.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

You really should wait. Starting to prepare law school applications and LORs at this time of the year is pure insanity. And you are right; reapplying hurts.

• practicethepausepracticethepause Alum Member
    111 karma

You should definitely wait until next cycle. Writing your essays in a hurry and asking professors for LORs last minute is never a good idea. You have great numbers so if you start working on your application now I'm sure you'll have great chances of getting into top law schools! Best of luck!