Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Option to Cancel/Retake

SaraFromOCSaraFromOC Member
in July 2019 LSAT 148 karma

Since the LSAC says we have the option to cancel our scores after we see it, and also to retake it at a later date free of charge, I'm definitely leaning towards taking the July LSAT. However, I was wondering if those rules applied for those who get paper instead of digital on the actual exam day. The website doesn't differentiate at any point, but I was just curious if anyone knew for sure.

Comments

• Did I StutterDid I Stutter Member
    384 karma

I called LSAC to clarify. They said that everyone who takes the the July test will be given the option to cancel, regardless of format.

• DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    edited March 2019 279 karma

@"Did I Stutter" said:
    I called LSAC to clarify. They said that everyone who takes the the July test will be given the option to cancel, regardless of format.

After seeing the score, correct? Regardless of paper or digital?

384 karma

@DByrne07 said:

@"Did I Stutter" said:

Yes. We will have 5 days after seeing the score to decide whether or not to cancel

279 karma

@"Did I Stutter" said:

@DByrne07 said:

@"Did I Stutter" said:

Yes. We will have 5 days after seeing the score to decide whether or not to cancel

So are we going to see our score immediately after the test if it is paper? Will they have a scantron in the room lol?

384 karma

@DByrne07 said:

@"Did I Stutter" said:

@DByrne07 said:

@"Did I Stutter" said:

So are we going to see our score immediately after the test if it is paper? Will they have a scantron in the room lol?

you will NOT get your score immediately after. i said you will be able to cancel your score within 5 days of seeing it. LSAC said that because of the transition to digital, we will need to wait longer than the typical 3 weeks to get our score - this is for everyone, regardless of the format

279 karma

@"Did I Stutter" said:

@DByrne07 said:

@"Did I Stutter" said:

@DByrne07 said:

@"Did I Stutter" said:

you will NOT get your score immediately after. i said you will be able to cancel your score within 5 days of seeing it. LSAC said that because of the transition to digital, we will need to wait longer than the typical 3 weeks to get our score - this is for everyone, regardless of the format

But if the test is digital, the test-taker should see the scores immediately after finishing the test (presumably on the tablet screen)..... Sorry for the additional questions

384 karma

@DByrne07 said:

@"Did I Stutter" said:

@DByrne07 said:

@"Did I Stutter" said:

@DByrne07 said:

@"Did I Stutter" said:

But if the test is digital, the test-taker should see the scores immediately after finishing the test (presumably on the tablet screen)..... Sorry for the additional questions

Perhaps in future administration this will be the case...but the test being digital doesn't necessarily mean the score needs to be accessible immediately after.
    Not everyone is getting a digital test in July. It would be unfair that some people will see their scores immediately and some won't. On LSAC's website, they wrote "TBA" as the scheduled date for the score release in July.

279 karma

@"Did I Stutter" said:

@DByrne07 said:

@"Did I Stutter" said:

@DByrne07 said:

@"Did I Stutter" said:

@DByrne07 said:

@"Did I Stutter" said:

Perhaps in future administration this will be the case...but the test being digital doesn't necessarily mean the score needs to be accessible immediately after.
    Not everyone is getting a digital test in July. It would be unfair that some people will see their scores immediately and some won't. On LSAC's website, they wrote "TBA" as the scheduled date for the score release in July.

Got it - yup your explanation makes more sense; thank you!