Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

september Retake 2019

Hey guys so im retaking the lsat in September 2019. I scored pretty bad in the Feb 2018** test then took a year off because I just didnt feel good enough. But after much time off, I just feel like I could do so much better! I scored a 150 and honestly my problem is with LR ! If I was untimed which I know is of zero value, I get -3/4 but add time and boom -9/10 per LR section. For logic Games, Its actually my strongest section averaging about -2/3 per section. I am aiming for 168–170 because my top choice is Fordham Law School (3.8 gpa) and Boston College. Im studying about an 1-2 hours everyday sometimes more depending on work and schedule! Any tips? is it doable? I used blueprint last time, and it was a great course but very fast in my opinion. I am currently using the bibles, I like the question breakdown and details but I also have the trainer that ill be using as well. I have about 5.5 months. Also if anyone needs an accountability or online study partner, I’m so interested:) any tips/study suggestions are welcome?

Comments

• metacognitionmachinemetacognitionmachine Alum Member
    47 karma

I'm totally down for an accountability/online study partner! I'm scheduled to take the July 15th test, but if I'm not scoring where I want to score when I start taking practice tests I might bump it back to September. My GPA isn't the strongest due to my middle years of college being very unfocused. I should be able to get my GPA up to a 3.2-3.4, which is why I'm aiming for as high as I can with the LSAT.

Have you gone through the LR training in this program? I'm in the middle of it now and it's so much easier to understand than some other programs I've tried.

As far as studying goes, I'm trying to take the approach of treating studying as a part-time job (15-20hrs) a week since I work full-time now. It's difficult but I think it's worth it.

As far as advice, I can't say "study more" if you're studying the wrong things or the wrong way. I would think that identifying your weaknesses and finding out the exact question types you're getting wrong and why would be helpful. I've found the Blind Review method extremely helpful because you're able to justify your reasoning and if you're correct, you'll be stronger because of it. You can learn what types of questions you struggle with by taking practice tests.

Shoot me a message if you want to talk about holding each other accountable/study partner. Accountability helps in a major way!

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Hey! I think it would really depend on what exactly you're trying to improve and what areas you're struggling with. I had to go through the course for the second time too and it's just been me trying to figure out new ways to improve. This is some general advise I have and I posted it before:

Logical Reasoning/ Drilling:
    Depending on which areas you think you could improve in, I might suggest that you do some timed sections of LR and RC. This will just get you a bit more experience with the test. Make sure you continue to foolproof the games because they always do need practice. It may even be helpful to do "confidence drills" which is something that is mentioned in the post CC videos, if you've seen those. I feel like that could be helpful to just time yourself in a section and try to see how many times you're getting it right on first insticts.

With the Pts, you want to make sure that are BR'ing correctly. You want to make sure you don't skip through videos because the way JY explains the WRONG answers is so much more helpful than just getting the RIGHT answer right. You want to know why something is wrong, how that wrong answer could have been correct, and how it may be the correct answer in future logical reasoning questions.Depending on your weak areas that you will find in analytics, you could then target those certain question types and drill those sets!

Logic Games FoolProof BINDER TECHNIQUE
    Once you have finished the lessons of the Logic Games, you are going to print off the the logic games bundle which has EVERY game from tests 1-35. Now those games, you want to do atleast 1 game EVERY DAY. Make piles, time yourself, repeat the ones you miss, continue the next day, and don't stop. The piles get bigger, it gets frusterating, keep watching the videos, and you will be fine.

Basically, I decided to print off the logic games bundle which was like all the games from PTs 1-35. I also added to the binder if I did a PT and would just put the games into the binder afterwards. I’ve been using google sheets to track my time, how many I got wrong, what date I first took the test, and more. If I got it wrong the first time, it goes in the second binder which is for more practice. If I missed questions, I would highlight it in red. I highlight in yellow if I had timing problems or if I’m just not 100% confident in the game and got lucky. I move those games to the second binder.

So, I’ll do like 10 PTs, move games accordingly to the second binder, redo the games, and see if there is improvement. If there is improvement, I move the games in the yellow tab for “practice”, but if I still suck…they stay in the red tab.

Usually, I just try the game, time myself, and step away from it. I will try to finish atleast 4 games. Then, I look over the games once more and decide if I want to stick to the answers or not. Which is sort of my BR, I guess. Then, I check the games! For the logic games, I swear it will just click because they just are repeated over and over.

This gives you more of a rubric to go off from because you learn what areas you're still weak in. This time you DRILL those areas, such as flaw quesitons or strengthen questions. You will get better slowly. Don't forget to BR all of these.

Now as you're studying, drilling, doing logic games, then start the RC and just try to see how JY does it. Look at different strategies and implement those. Depending on that, you want to take the test and keep BRing, then taking more tests! I went from a 144 (i think? maybe 143? idk) to a 162-165 in about 3.5 months. I am still studying and trying to take my time with the course, and am hoping to get a 170 by July. I definetly think you can get into the 160s, but it's going to be ridiculous amount of work! It will all be worth it though!

• NeddyGeorgeNeddyGeorge Member
    edited May 2019 25 karma

Hey! I am interested in a study/accountability partner. I have just started the program and so I will be doing the diagnostic later this week based on the course schedule. I am no stranger to the LSAT though. I studied for the exam about 5/6 years ago with a big test company, but my score increased to the mid-150s. The material was just dense and the techniques didn't work for me. I guess I wasn't as serious as I needed to be.

Now, having found 7sage again, and a renewed focus and drive to get a 160+, I plan on sitting the September 2019 and/or October 2019. Message me if you are interested! It wouldn't hurt to have a small group, if possible.