Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving on/ Continuing Fwd

Madssssss L.Madssssss L. Alum Member
in July 2019 LSAT 124 karma

Hi! So studying for July 15, finished the CC here and now drilling with the free Khan Academy materials (and to simulate digital testing), doing 1 PT/wk., but increasing to 2/wk at the 3 month mark, then at 1.5months out doing 3/wk.
PT scores are 167, 170, 175, 167, 166 for PTs 36-40, respectively.
I generally average -4 on LR (though this can be affected by if I'm mentally weariness/clarity), LG -4 (miscellaneous games kill me when they emerge), and RC -4.
Thoughts on how to move fwd? I want to clear 170 on test day, dreaming of NYU ED acceptance. UGPA 4.0 and in a MA program in the MENA region currently.
Pls help with any tips you have.

Comments

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

Hi there! you and I are in the same boat, I just finished the CC a little while ago and have done PT's 36, F97, 37, 38, 39 - scoring 167, 169, 173, 168, 169 respectively. Have you finished fool proofing LG 1-35 yet? If not, that is where I would start. I average -1.4 in LG and that was a huge boost to my score. If you were able to get your -4 in LG down to -1 average (totally doable by July I think) that looks like it should raise your average to a 170~. I believe that would be the path of least resistance that would also get you the most return on investment!

On another note, did you do anything special to get your RC down to -4? seeing numbers like that consistently in reading comp would be a dream come true for me... lol

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Hey! I agree with the above advice that it would be helpful to foolproof games 1-35. I saw a huge jump in my scores when I did that. Also, I would encourage you to take some of the newer tests because the tests have changed a bit. I don't want you to get discouraged, but MOST do notice a dip in their scores in the 160s+. Try to take newer preptests in the 60s/70s/80s just to get an idea of the LSAT now.

• Madssssss L.Madssssss L. Alum Member
    124 karma

Thank you @jmarmaduke96 and @Princess so so much!! Such helpful advice from you both.
    When you say foolproof LG1-35, what exactly do you mean? I know missing none, but how are you accessing those problem sets? And are you just taking them over and over?

Also, @Princess thanks for the note on the earlier tests. I have the two latest Actuals books and I'll begin using those after finishing the PTs I have here.
    @jmarmaduke96 -- for RC, I honestly found a lot of improvement just in slowing down as I was reading and being very intentional/deliberate through the whole section, selecting airtight answers, and knowing the structure (more than the content).
    Best of luck to you both!!