Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 biggest lessons

2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
in General 1810 karma

In case this helps anyone: As we approach the June exam, I wanted to share the 2 most helpful things I've realized lately ~ and will be drilling into my head every day because I'm close, but I'm still not there.

(1) In LG, if panic ensues, do NOT read a question over and over again waiting for it to magically become less mysterious or easier. The questions should never need to be read again. If it looks like none of the answers are right, guess what? That's your safety net being triggered! It ALWAYS means it's time to go back to the setup. Read the RULES over and check them against your setup. If you haven't split, do it. If you split but you didn't ask, "Who's left?" and account for every game piece, do that. Yes, even the floaters, especially the floaters. Account for them. Draw it all out so that every piece is staring at you in the face within all possible worlds. Bam. Then, try the questions again.

(2) Applies to the whole test: You know that moment where no answer choice is clearly speaking to you, and you lower the bar and think, "Oh, this sounds like a good answer. It's not exactly right, but it's probably good enough and I'm probably just missing the reason why it's the right answer." ??? DON'T do it. It's almost NEVER the right answer. You're missing something about the relationship between the premises and the conclusion or you've misread or misunderstood exactly what the question stem is tasking you with. Skip the question and give it another go in Round 2.

Sorry for all of the shouting, but I'm shouting at myself so that my future self (starting now) will freaking listen.

Comments