Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apply DC vs California

haddlepaddlehaddlepaddle Member
in Off-topic 22 karma

I am interested in doing family or criminal law in DC. However, I have a full ride to any California public law school due to Calvet. Should i just apply within California and hope to find a job in DC later to graduate with no debt or should I apply to DC schools and take on loans?

Where should I apply?
  1. DC9 votes
    1. California
      88.89%
    2. States near DC (VA, MD)
      11.11%

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

If you are going through CalVet wouldn't you be using your GI bill? And if so, the GI bill would cover almost any school in the country.

I'm currently using my GI bill to go to Northwestern and since they are yellow ribbon I get 100% tuition coverage.

Is there something special about CalVet that is giving you extra money outside of your GI bill?

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

I’m going to assume you’re a depressant of a military member who’s got a VA rating and that’s how you rate CalVet. I’d take the CA school if it’s someplace like UC Berkeley or UCLA, which are easily transferable to other locations. UC Davis or somewhere similar isn’t going to help you as much as a local DC school.