Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Games: Should I curriculum or drill?

slayeroflsatsslayeroflsats Member
in Logic Games 8 karma

So, I've done the Trainer and the LG Bible. I use the Trainer's notation system, but I use the Bible's strat in terms of inferences. I can map 95% of games and rules with ease. I understand just about everything JY does on the games explanations. And I implement some of his material when fool-proofing. I still miss about 1 question per game and am around 10 or 11 mins per game for the medium-hard and up games.

My question is: Would the LG curriculum be worth the time for me? Or should I just drill? I'm trying to maximize my study time obvi.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• FilibusterFilibuster Alum Member
    100 karma

I don't see anything wrong with initially supplementing a LG lesson here and there for funsies. However, because you're scoring well already, I would lean towards drilling.

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    edited June 2019 737 karma

In my opinion it's worth your time. I don't like Powerscore's LG methods as compared to JY's. JY's methods/emphases are more simplistic and rely less on unnecessarily formulaic methods. JY also is the best source of advice for grouping games. Someone could get by with Powerscore's advice for sequencing/"ordering" games.

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Hello @slayeroflsats , I would argue that the LG CC is worth the time for anyone, no matter their skill level and degree of exposure in LG. There is always something more to learn, especially in LG. JY meticulously goes through the different types of LGs, strategies for attacking them, strategies for attacking certain question types, strategies for attacking games in different order, and more. He also gives logic drills for people to consider due to the logical complexity in harder and some of the easier games with not-both/either-or rules. So, I would recommend going through it. It's more practice, more exposure and you get a lot of out of it, especially if you go through it multiple times. I am foolproofing LG right now and I refer back to some of the foundational lessons JY made for the LG CC all the time.

I hope this helps.