Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using multiple Test Prep Tools

shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
edited January 2015 in General 463 karma
Hello,
I took the LSAT in September 2014, got a 145. From taking PTs, I knew before I took it that I wasn't going to do well but it was disappointing to say the least. It was lower than expected. For prep, I used primarily self-study with the PowerScore Bibles. I also used The LSAT Trainer sparingly. At the time, I thought PowerScore was geared towards my detail-oriented mind that tends to over-complicate things. But it turns out I learned that there is a point where it is too detailed and too complex even for me. I actually slacked off a lot the first time and I wasn't able to finish any of the books which I think further contributed to my score but I don't feel I understood the material well either. The experience was enough to realize I need simplicity. I registered for the 7Sage Starter course and started my prep work. I plan on upgrading in the near future to the 7Sage Ultimate course. I've been reading some in The LSAT Trainer as well. I just read the introduction and I'm already seeing things more clearly. And I'm thinking about digging into my PowerScore books and getting some of the Cambridge problem sets. My question is can I and should I use other prep companies or will that over complicate things?

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    FWIW, the Powerscore Bibles did jack nothing to my score. It was when I experienced Manhattan LR/Blueprint/and now 7Sage when I've really started to improve.
  • turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    770 karma
    I went through Powerscore's LG and LR books and they did nothing for me either. 7sage gave me the understanding of the test that I needed. And to answer your question, it depends on what materials you're using and how you use them.

I'd recommend going through 7sage and reading LSAT Trainer afterwards if you think you need it. Since 7sage has its own problem sets (and the number of them increase as you upgrade), you can always get the Cambridge packages for extra practice if you use all of them up.
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    OK. PowerScore did nothing for my score the first time around too. I just thought maybe viewing them with new eyes would help but I am wary of PowerScore. I think the big thing in all my prep has been trying not to get too ahead of myself. I think I just have to take it one thing at a time on deciding which prep tools I will need and use.