Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How should I go through the core curriculum?

I am worried I may not have enough time to complete the curriculum without rushing. I am signed up for the September 21st LSAT date. Do I have enough time? Should I jump around from LR to LG to RC; or should I just complete the lessons in the order they are presented? My initial diagnostic was around 135 and I'm hoping to get into the 160's. I suppose I can always retake, but I want to apply to law school this fall for the year 2020. I've been making good progress with the LR lessons and am going to keep plugging away. I'm working 50 plus hours per week currently and studying about 3 hours per day in the evenings. With one rest day that means about 18 hours per week of study time. I'm also trying to pt twice per week.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Honestly, I would say that you don’t have time. It takes 2-3 months to go through the cc, and you need time to PT after that. A 25 point increase by September is going to be really difficult if not impossible. Definitely go through the cc in order because the lessons build off of one another.

• LegallyBrunette21LegallyBrunette21 Yearly Member
    edited July 2019 500 karma

Taking your time with the CC is really important. It personally took me around 7 weeks to finish the CC with 30-35 hours of studying per week. I started with a 137 and scored a 149 with the first PT after the CC. Now I'm just focusing the next two months to practice to reach to my goal of 166+, so if I am completely honest your schedule doesn't sound realistic. If you can take the Oct test or try to reduce your works hours to be prepared for September. I wouldn't recommend jumping around the CC or else you would have to spend more hours into BRing and going back to the lessons to relearn the concepts.

• JWellcomeJWellcome Member
    95 karma

Okay thanks for the input. Yeah I am already signed up for the September test but if I do really poorly I'll just have to retake it. I really want to shoot for applying this fall though.

• tiyaedutiyaedu Member
    3 karma

Hey I am in the same boat taking the test september 2019, but if I retake the test for januaray would I be able to send in the new score to the law schools that I applied to?

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    edited August 2019 2689 karma

I would say September is way too soon. You need time to not only watch the videos and such, but also practice. The Cc gives you basic tools. Practice and time to sink into your brain is what gets the increases. Think of it like nursing school. You can read the books and learn the terms but it's the hands on practice where you really learn how it all works. You are reading the books and learning the terms right now. You need practice and review, and unfortunately, you can't cram that.
    With limits being reinstated, you may want to consider delaying a year. I know it sucks. Delaying felt like utter defeat for me. But it's not. I promise you. Take your time and study in depth; quality not quantity.

• Ozzy SheikhOzzy Sheikh Member
    edited August 2019 115 karma

I'm CCing too. I thought I'd be starting law school last week. Now I know I'm not going next year either, but the following year.