Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Reviewing Logic Games...How?

hurdlehopper101hurdlehopper101 Alum Member
in General 102 karma

What is the best approach to doing logic games during blind review?
When I started PTs I was doing foolproof drills (isolating each game to work on getting it under target time and then checking for accuracy until target time is reached or under target time and game is at 100% accuracy). In other words, I'm checking for both time and accuracy (so I basically foolproof them until I have the correct Acs and enter an LG Blind Review score of -0). However, I'm wondering if that is not okay and/or does not make for an accurate representation of my blind review score and/or my strengths/weaknesses in LG.

Would it be better to:

A) Aim for accuracy: do the entire section untimed and enter blind review answer choices (without checking for correct answers until after blind review score is shown)
B) Aim for target time/under target time: isolate each game, look up the target time for each game via 7Sage and do the game until it is on or under target time and enter blind review answer choices (without checking for correct answers until after blind review score is shown)
C) Do what I already do?

I am trying to get an accurate representation of my blind review score but that could mean - 0 or - X amount depending on what method I choose. I also want to get the most out of my blind reviews of my PTd LGs.

Comments

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

On my first LG I got like everything wrong lol. It was the craziest thing I ever saw.

What really helped me was drilling. I did all the examples in the CC, and watched all the video explanations for every single drill. I did this 2x. On my second time around, if i didnt get 100% on the game I would (will also) go back to it. This really helped me improve. I go back to it a month later otherwise i remember it too well.

When you watch the video, dont just watch -- actively take notes (by hand - in my opinion, you retain more).

Also, see why you are going wrong. Is it carelessness? Or did you totally miss an inference? Sometimes an inference will fly right over my head, and when that happens, I make a flashcard of it (like cue cards and notes).

I used to really struggle w the games but now it is my favourite section! It is the most relaxing section.

Also, try to have fun when you are doing it. I find this really helps! It is a game after all :)