Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I Cancel My July Score?

john1234-1john1234-1 Alum Member
edited August 2019 in July 2019 LSAT 426 karma

Hi all. Similar to many July test takers, I am debating whether or not to cancel. I scored a 163 and am pretty disappointed.

This was below my PT range leading up to the test, which was roughly 166-169. I have not scored that low since early on in my PT phase and I am confident if I took it again I would not score below 163. Furthermore, this score would put me out of contention for some schools I am really interested in. This is leaning me towards canceling.

I should also say I am signed up for the September LSAT and as of late I have had a bit of a breakthrough. On 4 PTs I took after the July test, I've scored a 169, two 171's, and a 170 - the first time I've ever scored into the 170's. Any thoughts would be much appreciated -- thanks as always 7sagers.

Keep your head up if you didn't get the score you were hoping for and use it as motivation for the next time around :)

Score Cancellation
  1. Should I Cancel My Score?45 votes
    1. Cancel it
      62.22%
    2. Keep it
      37.78%

Comments

• ALEXAN.SALEXAN.S Alum Member
    108 karma

I'm in a very similar position and have about the same pre- and post-July test PT numbers as you. That post-test bump really got my hopes up and wow, does this feel shitty.

Do you know if schools can see the cancellation for the July test, or if it even matters? I have September and November scheduled already, and am tempted to travel somewhere less populated to take the October test if I cancel. Would that be too much?

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I would cancel in this case. To answer @ALEXAN.S yes schools can see that you cancelled. They won't care though. It sounds like you would definitely score higher on a retake.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Got the same result and cancelled mine. Hey man if you're confident you can do better then go for it! Lets put it this way... even something crazy happens the next time you take it and you know you underperformed again, you probably would want to retake again. So I don't see any reason for keeping the 163. Good luck!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

I wouldn't take all 3 of your shots back to back like that. Sep, October and November would blow through your limit pretty hard, and give you very little time in between to improve. Definitely retake if you feel your score was way under what you normally do, but maybe only schedule one, two tests tops. Give yourself some room in case you want to delay and regroup.