Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extremely discouraged by July LSAT score- over 10 points lower than average PT's! Any hope for Sept?

nycgal90nycgal90 Alum Member

Hello all,

I've been using 7Sage since February of this year. My goal is to get a 160. I took the November '18 LSAT after having studied with a Kaplan book for 6 weeks and got a 144. Knowing how much work needed to be done, I registered for 7Sage Ultimate+ this year and really took my time with the CC, attempted to really become fluent in logic, did all the practice sets, foolproofed LG, etc. After finishing the CC and doing PT's since June, I managed to raise my average score to around a 155-159. I initially only planned to take the Sept '19 LSAT but decided to take July as well knowing that I could cancel if I didn't like the score. Well I got my score back yesterday and got a 143. Yes, one point LOWER than my November LSAT. I have no clue what happened.

The test-taking conditions were really bad. There were no left-handed desks and the desks were extremely small, which meant the tablet took up over half the desk space and made it very challenging to do logic games. I also spent a lot of time trying to make sure the tablet wouldn't fall off the desk because it was so small. Combined with test-taking anxiety, I knew that likely I would score lower than my average on PT's but I did not know it was still in my ability to score THAT low. Naturally I'm extremely discouraged, but I'm forcing myself to move forward and keep studying. I'm hoping doing a few PT's this week will restore some of my confidence back.

I'm just wondering if there is still hope to get a decent score for the September test. My last PT from a few days ago was 157. I was hoping to get a 160 for September, but at this point I would be happy getting anything between a 155-160. I'm planning to take 2-3 PT a week, with blind review and foolproofing in between test days. Any advice and/or encouraging words would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!!

Comments

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Don't give up. I have a feeling you'll look back on this later after improving and admire your courage and that things are going to get better.

• kaikdamekaikdame Core Member
    77 karma

Yes there's hope! Just in the possibility of getting better testing conditions :)

Try the LSAT demon free trial. You can drill specific LR & LG question types and random RC passages from tests 1-60 (not sure that's the correct range) all on a tablet/computer. There's written or video explanations for most questions. The "demon" will give you harder or easier questions based on which ones you miss, which was awesome. This helped me after I ran out of newer material, so I'm not sure this applies to you with Ultimate+.

Something else that's improved my speed and understanding is not using the highlight/underline tool at all. Looking back, I realized I wasted a ton of time on the July test because highlighting on the tablet seemed to require the precision of a brain surgeon.

I think it's more important to drill questions than do full PTs. I'd honestly take a break from full PTs. I know it's tempting to see if you improved, but it's better to know you can answer more questions correctly than know you can get through a PT (which you've already proved to yourself).

Good luck!

• turbodogturbodog Alum Member
    41 karma

The July test sucked! I canceled my score immediately after opening the webpage. One thing is... If you want to take the September test you have to sign up by tomorrow. LSAC extended the deadline.