LSAT 154 - Do I cancel?

Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
in General 498 karma

Hey everyone,

Like many others, I took the July exam without much preparation (just because, hey, free retake). I got a 154.

I was scoring 152 consistently prior to writing -- I feel like I lucked out on the exam? Or maybe its because I would not grade my "guesses"/did not give myself the point even though I got it right. I am currently scoring 155ish (and doing the same). This is after 3 months.

I have been studying HARD since the beginning of june. My BR score is ~165 (but it is taking me FOREVER -- I am still correcting the PT I took monday, and im sitting in the library ~10 hours a day). My strength is LG, weakness is RC.

I am intending to write in October & November.

I intend to work very hard the next few months. My biggest worry is that I am never going to improve and do WORSE in october, and this is really what is preventing me from cancelling (since I already "mastered" LG)

I dont think a 154 will get me in anywhere in Canada. U of T is my dream school. And McGill (a top choice) averages LSAT scores.

What course of action would you take if you were me?

Cancel (154)?
  1. To cancel or not to cancel?35 votes
    1. Don't cancel
      31.43%
    2. Cancel
      68.57%

Comments

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

If it’s not where you want to be, then cancel. Some AdComms are picky about multiple/low scores. It’s dumb.

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

10 hours a day is likely too much. You may see better gains doing five intense hours. If you are not continuously getting -0 on LG then you can definitely improve this score just from gains there alone. If you are going to study with some proper guidance, I recommend you get a couple of tutoring hours to have a professional guide you to make sure you are using your time most effectively, then you should cancel and put up a better score in Oct or Nov.

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

Thank you for your advice

You are right, I can improve on LG, it is just not my main focus area for the time being. I will still be working on it though.