Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Struggling with Final Problem Sets in CC

LawGuy175LawGuy175 Alum Member
in General 27 karma

I'm working my through the Ultimate+ package of the CC and I'm learning a lot so far. In LR, I've been doing all of the available practice questions before moving on and I find that I do well in the beginning but end up getting completely demoralized in the final few sets of the section. For example, I worked my way through all of Necessary Assumption and was going -1 at the worst until practice set 16 and for the final few sets, I was struggling to even go -3. Is this something other people have experienced when they went through the CC for the first time? Do you think this is a product of not the knowing the information well enough or is it because some of these sets require doing five back to back level 4 or 5 questions at once that makes them more difficult than they would be on a PT?

Comments

• nycgal90nycgal90 Alum Member
    149 karma

Honestly I remember feeling the same way when I went through the CC a few months ago. I also have the Ultimate + package. But remember that those last few sets are meant to be very challenging, as they are usually level 4 or 5 difficulty. Doing the CC is just the beginning of your LSAT journey. The goal is not to achieve mastery of all the concepts, but to know how to solve the different questions correctly. Once you start taking PT's, that knowledge you gained during the CC will begin to solidify. You may not even see an improvement in your PT scores right after finishing the CC, if you took a cold diagnostic test initially. I am still really struggling with difficult SA and NA type questions on PT's, not because I don't know how to solve them, but because doing them in less than 2 minutes can be extremely challenging for me. But I hold out hope that through PT's and blind review, I will begin to solve these questions much faster! So don't expect perfection on practice sets, they are just there to help you get familiar with the concepts and question types. The real learning comes from practice tests and review!