PT86.S2.Q13-17 - Every year, a mining company dispatches

tina_gktina_gk Alum Member
edited September 2019 in General 125 karma

PT 86 Game with mining. greyson, headquaters and krona.
rule one contradicts with the correct answer for the first question of the game. I looked at the explanation but it really don't solve my confusion.

"rule says that headquarters must be visited in between two different mine locations"

the answer choice B is contradicting the same rule. please explain may be i am reading it wrong. thanks!

Admin note: edited title; please use the format of "PT#.S#.Q# - [first set of words]"

Comments

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

Hi! The two different mining locations are Grayson and Krona. The rule states there must be a visit to Headquarters in between any visits between G and K. Answer choice B doesn't contradict that rule. Headquarters is more like a home base, like, where the miners eat lunch or wipe the grime off. It doesn't count as a mining location.

• tina_gktina_gk Alum Member
    125 karma

@2ndTimestheCharm said:
    Hi! The two different mining locations are Grayson and Krona. The rule states there must be a visit to Headquarters in between any visits between G and K. Answer choice B doesn't contradict that rule. Headquarters is more like a home base, like, where the miners eat lunch or wipe the grime off. It doesn't count as a mining location.

I understand the HQ being like a home base.
    Choice B is worded like this: Grayson in June, HQ in July and Grayson in August.
    Rule # 1 states: team must work for at least one month at HQ between any two months working at "Different Mines".

My understanding for the rule is that different mines = K-HQ-G or G-HQ-K no matter is Grayson is stayed at 2 months in a row nor not. when making the switch to second location it has to be different than the first location and HQ must be visited.

I don't know if I am making sense or not. #help

• Omid Sean HVOmid Sean HV Alum Member
    25 karma

This was the game I had to experience during my first ever official LSAT. It was awful. But after reviewing the game when the exam was released, I realized it was actually much much easier than I thought.

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    edited September 2019 1810 karma

@tina_gk said:

@2ndTimestheCharm said:

I understand the HQ being like a home base.
    Choice B is worded like this: Grayson in June, HQ in July and Grayson in August.
    Rule # 1 states: team must work for at least one month at HQ between any two months working at "Different Mines".

My understanding for the rule is that different mines = K-HQ-G or G-HQ-K no matter is Grayson is stayed at 2 months in a row nor not. when making the switch to second location it has to be different than the first location and HQ must be visited.

I don't know if I am making sense or not. #help

No, different mines means Grayson and Krona. You only need an H if you're switching from G to K. As in the one thing the rule prohibits is GK or KG in a box. Hope that helps!