Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CLIR Drills (Loophole)?

mooooooo00mooooooo00 Free Trial Member

Can anyone explain to me what CLIR is and how I can apply the technique on my own when I drill/review LR?
I've been looking for the Loophole, but it's still not available to buy/ship to my area.

I would highly appreciate any tips!

Comments

• RavinderRavinder Alum Member
    869 karma

CLIR is a term in Ellen Cassidy's book titled 'The LSAT Loophole Logical reasoning. It is the best LR book I have read and I have read most of the major titles. I would highly recommend her book. I got a 177 this past June and her book and her tutoring were key. Her CLIR ( which stands for Controversy, Loophole, Inference, Resolution )approach teaches you how to approach LR questions in a systematic way. She breaks down LR questions into 4 basic types. 1. a debate (2 person dialog) where you are figuring out the Controversy 2. arguments: where you try to figure out a Loophole 3. Fact based questions (mbt, mss): where you figure out inferences 4. paradox questions: where you find a Resolution. Her book does a great job of teaching you how to use this system to prephrase better. Using her system I went from being able to prephrase 20% of the time to being able to do it well at least 70-80% of the time in LR. Feel free to message me if you want more details.

• EAnn8771EAnn8771 Alum Member
    edited September 2019 126 karma

You can email Ellen directly to see if she can ship the book to you! info@elementalprep.com