Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading Comp

arabprodigy30arabprodigy30 Alum Member
edited January 2015 in General 243 karma
General question
For reading comp, how many mins should you spend reading the passage? 8 mins each passage? and 1 min each question? Because, I am struggling getting all 4 passages. Usually I get just 3. Any tips? or advice on improving reading comp would be helpful as well.

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    You should try to spend less than 4 mins per passage and then 4 mins to answer the questions. Of course some passages are more difficult than others, but 4 mins should be the max. per passage.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    as @emli1000 said, you want to try and do 4/4ish however diff passages are well different so its subject to some variation, along with how you read. If you retain info better taking 5 min with the passage and can bang out the questions real quick go for it. If you're spending 8 min on the passage you better be able to look at the question and instantly pick an answer
  • arabprodigy30arabprodigy30 Alum Member
    243 karma
    Thank you so much guys for your advice! Seems like I need to do more timed practice, and better job at reading actively .
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Someone posted this link here and I bookmarked it because I'm also not a fan of RC especially on any of those science related passages. Give it a try. http://lsatprep180.com/the-lsat-and-reading-speed-change-headline/#more-1638

I also read The Economist, The New Yorker and Scientific American daily to become more familiar with the passages on the LSAT.
  • LSATman1LSATman1 Alum Member
    386 karma
    The New York Times has a feature called "Room for Debate," which has about 4-5 essays written about a specific topic. This provides good practice for the comparative reading passage.
  • arabprodigy30arabprodigy30 Alum Member
    243 karma
    Thank you so much!!! I will look into that link and the New York Times :)