Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOR from professor after undergrad degree received?

Hi everyone,

I graduated from undergrad in 2018. Since then, I went back community college to get a supplemental associates unrelated to my undergrad degree. That being said, do you think it's ok for me to use a LOR from my professor who didn't instruct me during my undergrad times? I know that LSAC only calculates grades prior to undergrad graduation, so my grades from my associates are irrelevant. However, I still did all of the coursework and was in an academic setting. Note, if i were to use this LOR, it's an additional letter on top of my 2 other letters.

Thank you!

Comments

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

Yes, if it is a professor who can testify to your strengths in an academic setting and knows you well, by all means it can only benefit you to include it, especially when you already have two more letters from the institution where you received your undergrad degree.

• thedramallamathedramallama Member
    103 karma

@taschasp thanks for your reply! I appreciate it :)

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Yes- I think this is okay as well! I know some people who worked on research projects with professors who never taught them formally, but could attest to many of their skills and thus received LORs from such professors. So I think in your case, it is okay! As long as they can provide a strong LOR, it sounds good to me. Good luck!