Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stupid question

in General 242 karma

if you literally guessed on every question, and there are 5 answer choices, according to calculator ,your score would be around a 124, not a 120 correct????

So you could pretty much guarantee that the bottom is 124 not 120??

Im not planning on guessing obviously but im just wondering.

Comments

• JerryJerry Member
    176 karma

There's always the chance that you get every question wrong. Just because it's improbable doesn't mean it's impossible.

But there may be people who get 0 correct. Someone who guesses on a few questions and gives up. Someone who faints before taking the test. Etc.

• JerryJerry Member
    edited October 2019 176 karma

I decided to do some calculations, assuming 100 questions and complete randomness:

The probability you get exactly 20 correct is 9.9%

The probability that you will get at least 20 correct is 55.9%

The probability you get 0 correct is 2.037036e-10 (which is, like, 2 in 10 billion)

The probability you get all 100 correct is 1.2676506e-70 (which is, like, smaller than I can even express in words)

Anyways, seeing as how difficult it is to actually to take the effort to fill out every question and guess incorrectly each time, it seems more likely that people who score a 120 either leave everything blank, guess on some questions before giving up, or intentionally select every wrong answer.

• 242 karma

I love this, thanks

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Haha, some fun to distract from the horrors of the LSAT xD

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

People might not answer every question