Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changing my answers from RIGHT to WRONG during timed PT??

Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
in General 498 karma

Hey everyone

I noticed I have been doing this a LOT

It is costing me 5-7 points per LR section

I find the correct AC, I circle it, and I think its wrong, so I look through the "lower" ACs, and chose something else. I go back during my BR and -- DUH -- the solutions become apparent?

My BR score is 165-170ish, my PT score is mid 150. Like 155? It vacillates, depending on how CARELESS I am. All my errors are CARELESS and these are really the worst kinds of errors. All I can think of during my BR is how careless and dumb I am.

Then, I tend to get "trapped" on certain questions... I end up spending a lot of time on them, sometimes I get them right (most of the time), and there are always AC's at the end that I miss. It is VERY frustrating. If I just picked my first AC choice and moved on, I would have gotten it right AND saved myself more time for the last few questions. Problem is I have so much self-doubt, I have a really really hard time picking an AC and moving on?? My goal is to get -20 overall (or more in non absolute terms).

Has anyone else struggled with this? What should I do now? I am supposed to write this month :(

Comments

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

Details. When I was in your boat not too long ago it was all in the details - usually modifiers like "most" vs "some" vs "many", etc... in the answer choices.
    The solution? Commit to being a stickler for thinking through those little modifiers. Take the time to notice them more.

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

@99thPercentileOrDieTryin

Thank you for your response :(

I do a PT, I get 10 wrong per LR section, and I can honestly say I really did not understand maybe 3

I just don't have a good timing strategy :(