Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Core Curriculum

emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
edited January 2015 in General 3462 karma
I've noticed that working on the problem sets at the end of each section is very time consuming. 15 mins for each problem set is fine but 15 mins to review the answers is not okay lol. & after blind review that may take an additional 30 mins.-1 hr. and reviewing the videos for each problem set takes way over 15 mins. Am I the only one that has noticed this? I feel like I'm 10 hours behind on the the core curriculum :( because of the additional time devoted to BR & trying to watch every video explanation.

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    it can't be set to apply to everyone, I don't even look at the times next to each thing for the curriculum. Do the questions and review as necessary, if it takes you awhile, don't worry about it
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @jdawg113 Thanks! That's understandable even though I pay attention to the time because I like to set aside 6 hours per day to go over the material but I've realized that I spend most of that time on BR/going through video explanations. Now I don't feel as behind since I am truly understanding each concept in the curriculum with all the practice sets at the end.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I noticed that too when I first started. It takes sometimes a lot longer to get through sections than what's put as a time.
    My advice would be to not pay attention to it. The point isn't (necessarily) to get through the material. It's to know the material and apply the concepts to kick the LSAT in the face.
    If it says 6 hours and it takes you 12, but you have a firm understanding, than that's way better than rushing and getting it done in 6 and not having a firm understanding. :)
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    I think the times are put there so the student has an idea of how to plan their week. I finished a week and a half's worth of work the first week, and only finished half the second week.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @harrismegan Thank you!

@mpits001 Yea. I feel the same way. I'm about half way through the course and realized that some sections have 7 practice sets and I fell completely behind. But as long as I'm truly understanding the concept it shouldn't matter. Thanks!
  • Barbie BlondeBarbie Blonde Member
    152 karma

hey there, where can I find a basic breakdown of logical reasoning, reading comprehension and game set up? sorry for asking, new to this and I'm trying to navigate through it all

• LivinLaVidaLSATLivinLaVidaLSAT Live Member
    611 karma

You're fine. It sounds like you're spending time on the review part which is more effective than rushing it and just jumping to the next topic so you can say that you've gone through the material. I don't think the schedule is realistic about the timing of a deep review. Remember quality is more important than quantity when it comes to studying for this test.