Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Walnut Creek, CA administration

Hi everyone! I’m taking the lsat tomorrow in Walnut Creek. For those of you who don’t know, Walnut Creek is 15 minutes away from the Lafayette fire. I just called the hotel and they said that they currently don’t have any power and are unsure of when the electricity will come back. Assuming that that electricity is still out tomorrow, will the test be cancelled? If so, will LSAC send a notice? How do reschedules work?

Comments

• benjaminwood33benjaminwood33 Alum Member
    44 karma

Man I’m following this as well, I’m taking it in San Mateo and campus has no power as well thanks to PG&E.

• stargirlstargirl Alum Member
    74 karma

Taking the exam at Walnut Creek too - any update?

• stargirlstargirl Alum Member
    74 karma

Just to clarify you mean the Walnut Creek Marriott right?

• thedramallamathedramallama Member
    103 karma

Hi @stargirl yes Marriott in Walnut Creek. I have no further updates, but will call tomorrow morning ASAP. I’ll post on here when I can.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

No idea... Im from SJ and the PG and E outage stopped like 2 weeks ago...

• benjaminwood33benjaminwood33 Alum Member
    44 karma

I’m taking in San Mateo and the College of San Mateo has already cancelled classes/administration, so assuming it’s a matter of time before we get the cancellation notice?

• venusx17-1venusx17-1 Member
    191 karma

just got off the phone with them and they said that the testing is still set to happen, but they have no status on whether or not they will have power..

• thedramallamathedramallama Member
    103 karma

@dornamova17 said:
    just got off the phone with them and they said that the testing is still set to happen, but they have no status on whether or not they will have power..

Them as in the hotel or LSAC?

• venusx17-1venusx17-1 Member
    191 karma

@thedramallama said:

@dornamova17 said:

Them as in the hotel or LSAC?

the hotel

• cbohaboycbohaboy Alum Member
    3 karma

@benjaminwood33 I was supposed to take mine at College of San Mateo too. I got a call around 8pm from LSAC telling me that the test was cancelled...Such a huge bummer. But I haven't gotten any emails or notice on the website, so I might show up tomorrow anyway just to be sure.