Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Videos are lagging.

Is anybody else finding this to be the case with all of their PT explanation videos? How do I resolve this?

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    edited November 2019 3190 karma

Hm. Im reviewing PT 71 video explanations and not finding any lag problems. Sometimes I do, but I know this is due to my internet

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@mmingshi said:
    Is anybody else finding this to be the case with all of their PT explanation videos? How do I resolve this?

Hi there,

Sorry about that. I tried to re-create the issue on my end but I was not able to. Some students have reported that using an adblocker interfered with videos on our site and that disabling the adblocker fixed the problem for them.

We've also added a "simple" video player along with our advanced video player. The simple one lacks some of the advanced features like time cues, but we've purposely created it to "play nice" with the largest pool of devices and browsers. If you go to "Settings" and then choose "Simple" under Video Player, it should fix the loading issues. I've attached an example screenshot here:

Let us know if you're still having issues.

• TrigirlESQTrigirlESQ Member
    69 karma

Mine are lagging too

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@TrigirlESQ said:
    Mine are lagging too

Hi there,

Sorry about that. Some students have reported that using an adblocker interfered with videos on our site and that disabling the adblocker fixed the problem for them.

We've also added a "simple" video player along with our advanced video player. The simple one lacks some of the advanced features like time cues, but we've purposely created it to "play nice" with the largest pool of devices and browsers. If you go to "Settings" and then choose "Simple" under Video Player, it should fix the loading issues. I've attached an example screenshot here:

Let us know if you're still having issues after switching to the simple video player.