Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I withdraw?

TeaLoverTeaLover Alum Member
in General 151 karma

Hello everyone on this forum. So to make this story short, the November test would be my fourth write if I decide to sit the test. My last score was okay (163) which should enable me to get into my safety schools. But I need at least a 166 for my dream school and my average from the last 5 test is ~3 points below that. I did hit 166 and above several times, but I just don't feel any certainties of getting the score I want, and I am kinda against the idea to try my luck on the test day (since I already took it 3 times...)
I thought about postponing it to January, but I just checked and all the test centres in my region are unavailable. So in the case of withdrawing, I am also pushing back applying to next cycle. Right now I am torn on whether to withdraw and with the Nov. test approaching, I realy want to make the decision asap and redesign my study plan if I need to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

I would push it back once. You talk about your dream score, and that you are fairly sure you wont be able to get it from what Im hearing. Basically, just think about it like whether you are okay with not going to your dream school and settling for a 163. If so, then dont withdraw. If you arent okay with it, then withdraw and make sure you can commit enough time to improve. 4 times is a lot and you dont want to rush the fourth time.