Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My own November 2019 LSAT experience

edited November 2019 in November 2019 LSAT 232 karma

I have taken the November 2019 LSAT. I will say that it was everything I expected and more. I didn't see the need to complain and took the attitude, "Do your best and don't worry and don't complain". But "Press forward".

I didn't eat the Raisin Oat Bran like I had planned because I tried it the day before the test and took a couple of small spoonfuls. It was awful and tasted like cardboard. I want to try it as recommendation from other people online had that taken the LSAT. I wondered how could anyone eat this stuff. I threw it away. I opted for the McDonald breakfast menu with country buttermilk chicken biscuit sandwich with a hash brown and a large orange juice on test day. It hit the spot. I had studied my test strategy plan and stuck to it.

I am a person of faith and prayed that I would do my best to pass for 20 minutes on the test before I left for the test center and the ask G-d to be with me while i was testing and help me pass. I felt calm the whole way and wasn't bothered.I felt at peace even after the test.

I hugged and kissed my 6 year old nephew and 9 year old niece to tell them I was on my way to take the big test. I said I will see you later on this evening because I expected to get out the testing center around 5:30 pm. I said my goodbyes and headed to the testing center.

I took the Uber to the testing center and was calm the whole way to the testing center. I was not nervous nor was I anxious Once I arrived, I asked the front desk receptionist where the LSAT is and they told me where it was. I silenced my phone completely.I had my cell phone left at the front desk and got it back later on after I had finished with the test. I arrived the hotel where the testing was to take place at 10:50 am. I was lucky to take the exam by myself I was in a room by myself with no others. I started exactly at 11:30 am. I showed my accommodation letter because I am high functioning Autistic and with my admissions ticket was able to sign in at 11:00 am. I had my eyeglasses in the zip lock bag.

I had put all of my energy and everything into the test. I used a time management strategy that was built into my LSAT strategy and served me well during the test. I stayed calm because I remember that a leader has to have a head in a time of crisis. This is especially true of the LSAT.

If tablet broke, I didn't worry because the testing place had huge supply of them and didn't count against the time. I did have one tablet that got stuck after coming back from break. I didn't start the 4 section right away and was given a new tablet after the test administrator graciously gave me a new one after scanning code on the back of the tablet. I was able to continue on.

I didn't want to guess what was the experimental section because I went in with the attitude do well no matter what. I went to do a job that was the most important thing. I decided that remaining calm was most important. The way sections were laid out was not important to me. Just the goal was working the exam effectively and only working my plan by sticking to it. I didn't care about what my score might be. I went with a plan and stuck to it all the way. I was able to make couple passes after each section and had 10 minutes to spare for each one of the sections. I went over them with a blind review and corrected the mistakes along the way. After I was sure, I felt confident that I did well

The first section took me bit longer and was able to gain traction after question 8. I had skipped 2 questions and came back to them later on my second pass. I was able to think clearly and sharply about the answer and was able to. The first section was hard but I was able to get through it without worrying. I blind reviewed it and was able to untangle the section effectively. Skipping hard questions was a part of my overall plan and worked out well.

I had my break after the 3rd section and ate my granola bar and drank my orange juice. I went to the bathroom not worry nor
feeling horrible about my performance on the test.

After completing the final section and took a blind review to check my work on it and was satisfied after correcting a couple answers that need to be corrected and re-reading it my notes one last time. i finalized it and gave back the tablet. I proceed to get my phone at the front desk of the hotel for testing and took the Uber home around 4:15 pm. I felt a sense of relieve and felt illuminated. I was very tired and exhausted. I didn't go out anywhere and decided to crash at my brother's house where my niece and nephew are. I went to sleep for a while. I decided whatever the score is not worry good or bad. If it is bad, i will take it again. I won't worry nor fret over the questions while waiting for the score release. What is done is done. I felt that I stuck to my strategy to and stayed calm the whole time that it worked. That is what matters most.

Comments

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! Hearing your approach and experience was very helpful! Wishing you the best of luck!

• Dave FisherDave Fisher Alum Member
    31 karma

Thanks for this. I also would've opted for a more comforting breakfast over the raisin bran!

• EveryCookCanGovernEveryCookCanGovern Alum Member
    401 karma

Very well said. I took the November LSAT as well. During the first game of the LG sections, I initially missed some very simple inference probably as a result of test tunnel vision. To not panic I closed my eyes for 5 seconds, took a deep breath, skipped the question that required the inference, and realized the missing inference shortly after. Panicking is among the worst things that can happen on the test, which is why it's so important to build your system for skipping and panic aversion.