Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scoring Single PT Section

In the Analytics Videos JY shows how to score your LSAT and there is an option to score a single section at a time. Due to my work schedule, I plan to do a full practice test 1 time per week, and another PT in 1 section per day increments so that I can complete 2 PTs a week, even though the one will be over a 4 day period.

Is there still an option to score a single section or do I just need to make 4 copies of the test? I think that'll screw with my analytics tab if I do that? Is this even still possible?

Comments

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@goodluck said:
    In the Analytics Videos JY shows how to score your LSAT and there is an option to score a single section at a time. Due to my work schedule, I plan to do a full practice test 1 time per week, and another PT in 1 section per day increments so that I can complete 2 PTs a week, even though the one will be over a 4 day period.

Is there still an option to score a single section or do I just need to make 4 copies of the test? I think that'll screw with my analytics tab if I do that? Is this even still possible?

Hi there,

You can score a single section by ticking the box to the top of the page that says "Do not save results." See the screenshot below:

After you entered your answers, tap on "Score LSAT without saving." See the screenshot below:

When you score one section at a time, it will not affect your analytics. Let us know if you have any further questions!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

So far for PrepTests, I'm just seeing the option of taking four sections, not just selecting 1 section, unless that 1 section is a Problem Set. Is there another way for those who may sometimes be doing just 1 section?

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    So far for PrepTests, I'm just seeing the option of taking four sections, not just selecting 1 section, unless that 1 section is a Problem Set. Is there another way for those who may sometimes be doing just 1 section?

Hi there,

Sorry, the only way to score a single section using the Digital Tester, is by creating a Problem Set as described in my comment above. For PrepTests, you must take all for sections on the Digital Tester.

However, if you take a paper based test, you can score 1 section by entering your answers on the answer sheet, and then at the top of the page, tick the box that says "Do not save results" as in the screenshot below. This way, your answers in that section, will be scored without affecting your analytics.

Let us know if you have any further questions.