Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drilling difficult questions

shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
in General 463 karma
Hello,
Me again with my questions on drilling. I know that generally speaking the LR sections get more difficult as you go along. Based off this information, I have determined that I am generally missing more difficult questions. The ones I'm missing or struggling with are questions that originally appeared as questions 19-26. I've determined that my problem mostly on these questions is that they have a more complex logical structure or simply a more complex topic/language. I bought a set of one question type of the Cambridge packets but I realize I need to invest in the rest of them. My initial thinking was to start with difficult questions and work down. But after I did a 13 question set last night and the only ones I got right were ones I had attempted before recently and I remembered the answer. Confidence killer. I think now that I need to work from the beginning and work my way up to more difficult questions. I think also a stronger understanding of the 7Sage Logic Curriculum will help. Does anyone have any other ideas about this problem?

Comments

• bonjoursmbonjoursm Alum Member
    181 karma
    Buy each Cambridge packet, drill each level (starting with level 1) two or three times, then move on to the next level.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2015 2654 karma
    You can buy the different types, realistically theres only gunna be so many, it may happen that for that type a lot you just did on 7sage were where you started... you can also look into Cabridge Most Difficult packets which are the harderst questions from each test from 1-38. They just aren't done by type (which is fine since LSAT isnt by type :P)

"These questions span all the primary question types and are all rated a 4 in terms of difficulty.
    Questions Included: 410
    Test Range: PrepTests 1 (June 1991) through 38 (October 2002)
    Organization: Arranged in order of increasing question difficulty."
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    That's what I was thinking as well. Thanks guys.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Might I suggest heavy BR after your tests and going thru the logic curriculum again... that worked for me... make sure you understand EVERY question you got wrong... remember... there is always ONLY ONE correct answer... the key is knowing and understanding why the correct answer is correct. Also for the next few tests... 3 - 6 odd if you have that many... create an excel dox to track which question on which test you got wrong... and does it belong to a particular genus... once this is done, if a pattern emerges, you will know which area to address... go redo the lesson from the 7sage curriculum... and try going thru the LR portions of the LSAT trainer as well if you have not done that... it goes hand in hand with 7sage, and often, a different perspective will help in getting that eureka moment.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    ^Wow.. I never thought about using excel I just use word to track which questions im getting wrong. LOL
    3462 karma
    @Nilesh S did you purchase the LSAT Trainer book? Or did you get by just reading the chapters available online?
    3438 karma
    I purchased the book... coz I'd heard so much about it... JY recommends it highly as well.... I wasn't disappointed. As for the excel document.. haha I just use it coz I'm a boxes person plus I found it much easier to organize my work in excel than word ... but word works perfectly fine too.
    3462 karma
    @Nilesh S I'm mad I didn't think about excel earlier. Good thing I can just copy everything over. I'm ocd so word hasn't been the best on this lol
    edited February 2015 3438 karma
    @emli1000 - that was my problem exactly... plus with one excel document since it opens 3 sheets, I can use sheet 1 for the Logic Games, sheet 2 for LR and sheet 3 for RC... so it doesn't look all muddled up in a page.
    3462 karma
    @Nilesh S THANK YOU!! Will you be selling your copy of the lsat trainer?
    3438 karma
    No... I will not be selling it. But I can mail it to you for free. There is a caveat though... I have used pencil at places in the book... first few pages for LR... I'll erase them... but there will still be some marks left as I write deep. If that is ok with you then great!
    3462 karma
    @Nilesh S Wow! Even better. I don't mind about the markings. ^_^ Thank you so much!
    edited February 2015 3438 karma
    @emli1000 no problem... this helped me... it will help you... I only ask that if someone else needs this before their exam and you're done... pass it around ;)
    3462 karma
    @Nilesh S I was going to mail it back. Haha. But of course, I will. Thank you.
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    Thanks everyone for your comments. I've been using The Trainer to help with solidifying information. It gave me my ah-ha moment on conditional logic. I definitely think that completing the logic curriculum will help immensely. The Excel spreadsheet is a great idea. I've been keeping a notebook with questions I get wrong but I think the Excel will keep it cleaner. I've been mostly drilling so far. I did a drill today of MSS questions from Cambridge packets, easy questions but got 19/20 right. But I plan on working heavily on the logic curriculum and taking a PT over the weekend. I'm hopeful for the best.