Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time Constraints when creating Problem Set

lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
in General 3190 karma

Where does the time constraint come from? Are we allowed to change it, or should we even?

I created a problem set with all the LR questions from 19 and it came out to 32 minutes, although it was only 24 questions.
Then I tried creating a set with the other LR section from 19 and it came out to 34 minutes, but with 26 questions. Does the time given to do the problem set reflect how long we should take when doing these questions during the actual test?

Comments

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@lexxx745 said:
    Where does the time constraint come from? Are we allowed to change it, or should we even?

I created a problem set with all the LR questions from 19 and it came out to 32 minutes, although it was only 24 questions.
    Then I tried creating a set with the other LR section from 19 and it came out to 34 minutes, but with 26 questions. Does the time given to do the problem set reflect how long we should take when doing these questions during the actual test?

Hi there,

Sorry about that! On the actual LSAT, you are allowed 35 minutes per section. However, the Problem Set Logical Reasoning timing is based on the number of questions, even when all the questions are from the same section. I recommend that you use the unlimited time settings, then stop at working at 35 minutes. See the screenshot below:

Let us know if you have any further questions!