Georgetown Early Decision - 4 weeks

JDsalingerJDsalinger Free Trial Member

I applied to Georgetown early decision on ~December 1st. On their website they guarantee a 4 week turn-around time on all early decision applications, but I haven't yet received word from them. I am assuming this is due to their office being closed during the holidays. However, I am also slightly concerned I missed a piece of physical mail due to living in a NYC apartment building. Would it be obnoxious to reach out to the admissions department?

Comments

• SLREVIEWLSATSLREVIEWLSAT Alum Member
    edited January 2020 49 karma

Have you checked your application status? On their website they said that decision is guaranteed within four weeks after your application is completed, so I presume it will be four weeks after the completion date rather than the submission date.

I have had similar issues and sent an email asking the admissions. They confirmed that they are processing all the applications received during the holiday season (during Christmas and New Year I presume).

• JDsalingerJDsalinger Free Trial Member
    27 karma

Yes - it says that my application is complete, and it was flipped to that status shortly after I submitted. so I would still have expected a decision by now if not for the holiday break.

Did you email Gtown admissions, or a different school?

49 karma

I emailed Gtown admission.

• JDsalingerJDsalinger Free Trial Member
    27 karma

Got it - what did you mean by this exactly: "They confirmed that they are processing all the applications received during the holiday season (during Christmas and New Year I presume)." ?

49 karma

They said in their email that they currently are processing all the applications they received during the holidays, and I presume by holidays they meant Christmas and New Year instead of Thanksgiving. Since you submitted your application right after the thanksgiving holidays and way before Christmas, I feel like mentioning it could be helpful for you to determine whether u need to contact GULC admissions.

Probably I am overthinking. The application and waiting process made me overthink everything.