Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lsat score got released. idk my next step

TiaK0419TiaK0419 Alum Member
in General 61 karma

My lsat score has just got released; 168
I know it is not a poor one but isn't superb either, esp for an international student aiming for t14 like me.
Would u recommend me to take one more or just try with this one?
Need some decent advice

help

Comments

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

Depends on your GPA and everything else in your application. But in theory, you can get into the T14 with a 168 as an international student.

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

I know people with similar scores who got into t14 schools bud. But it you feel you can do better than I'm not going to dissuade you. What have you been scoring on your PTs?

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Yea, what have your previous PT scores have been? It seems if your dissapointed with a 168 youve been scoring higher?

• TiaK0419TiaK0419 Alum Member
    61 karma

@"Michael.Cinco" said:
    I know people with similar scores who got into t14 schools bud. But it you feel you can do better than I'm not going to dissuade you. What have you been scoring on your PTs?

My best pt score was 178. During the last one month before the test, usually ranged between 171-174,166 was the worst pt score, which i had twice.

61 karma

@taschasp said:
    Depends on your GPA and everything else in your application. But in theory, you can get into the T14 with a 168 as an international student.

Ur right. Actually that’s the thing. My gpa is not superior. Prob above average or average.

61 karma

@lexxx745 said:
    Yea, what have your previous PT scores have been? It seems if your dissapointed with a 168 youve been scoring higher?

Yup as commented above, usually was in 70s when i was doing pt. I heard many ppl get a bit lower score in real, so i wonder if i can ever get the usual pt score in real if i try once more

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

The usual drop is around 2 or 3. With some minor tweaks to your approach you can definitely hit your pt goal again. I wouldn't worry too much about this score, you are definitely on the right path. If you want extra assurance you may want to work with a tutor, there are lots of them around!

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

Ur right. Actually that’s the thing. My gpa is not superior. Prob above average or average.

Average compared to other students at your school, or compared to median GPAs of admitted T14 students?

If the former, I'd more strongly suggest that you do more practice and retake. Since your scores have fluctuated a lot you also might want to try to analyze what the culprit is behind that. Just retaking itself won't guarantee a higher score (I had a friend with virtually the same PT range and actual test score as you, and then he retook and scored even lower). But if you're not applying until next cycle you have a lot of time, it's just up to you if you want to spend that time studying for the LSAT again, doing more timed PTs in public/distracted environments, maybe working with a tutor a bit to help you strategize, etc.

If the latter, then you're in a better place and you might be okay with a 168, but I'd still suggest the same advice if you want to play it safe and maximize your options.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

I think 168 is fine if your gpa is average or above average compared to medians at t14s