Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have J.Y.'s voice in my head, and it's helped my score a ton!

zgnc0616zgnc0616 Member
in General 41 karma

I've never posted here before but I just wanted to give a quick shout-out to 7Sage for the teaching methods employed in the PrepTest review videos. I am in the final stages of my LSAT prep, and have mostly concentrated on doing and reviewing the PTs. First of all, I had never tried the Blind Review method before I started with 7Sage, and I've found that I've actually mastered most concepts and can get to the high 170s if I'm untimed. This helped me get over my insecurities that I don't know this test well enough and gave me the confidence boost to believe that I can reach my goals, even under time pressure - I doubt myself less in the moment, and therefore have more time to pick answers I feel good about.

Also, before I started with 7Sage, I was reviewing PTs with only the answer keys given by LSAC. This was, looking back, probably hugely inefficient and in many instances just akin to spinning my wheels. I had no idea why I was getting things wrong, so I was basically just wasting 4 hours of my life each time to not learn anything. The explanation videos given by J.Y. are so detailed and explanatory, and I feel like I've adopted some of his thought processes and now I use them during the test. The way he teaches is interesting and engaging, so reviewing PTs doesn't feel like such a drag - I'm actually invested in what I got wrong, why, and how I can fix it next time. I watch the videos on 1.4x or 1.7x and the speed of the thought process has definitely helped me think about things faster. Also, I love that J.Y. incorporates his authentic voice in the videos - now when I'm taking PTs, I think to myself "would J.Y. think this answer is a good answer? I think it's maybe kind of a sh*tty answer and I think he would too." (For the most part, that's a really good test for me to weed out terrible answer choices that are masquerading as attractive ones!)

All of this is to say that from when I started 7Sage to now I've seen score increases from my initial score of as much as 9 points, and I have - on every PT since I started - reached my target score (in just a month and a half of the course!) I'm taking the test for the third time in February and I finally feel like I've cracked the code. My only regret is not getting 7Sage sooner.

Have y'all had a similar experience?

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Yes I feel this. I hear JY saying "who cares" on trap answer choices that sound tempting but are ultimately slightly irrelevant in whatever way

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

Not only do I still have his voice in my head. I routinely type up 7sage on google by habit then I realized I finished the LSAT 5 months ago lol

• Andrew_NeimanAndrew_Neiman Alum Member
    258 karma

Necessary satisfied. Rule.... irrelevant :)

• HarrisHarris Core Member
    188 karma

R1 check, R2 check, R3 check.....take stock......push these 2 rules together, etc...etc...He's the GOAT...no doubt.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

LSAT wizard he is :)