Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Total time for testing?

njung007njung007 Member
in General 55 karma

Hi,

Can someone who took the digital LSAT tell me how long it took for you to be in and out of the testing center?

Thank you!

Comments

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    edited February 2020 990 karma

I don’t know if it’s too late to respond to this but check in was by 8:30 and when I arrived at 8:20, I was at the end of the line. There were close to 30 people there. The check in staff makes sure you’re not taking anything in the testing room that goes against the policy. Then we had to get in line to get the tablet and scratch paper. Then we had to wait for the instructions.

Test began after almost 1 hour and 30 mins from 8:30. It was annoying.

After conclusion, we had to wait to be called up to turn our things in. 🤦🏽‍♀️

I got out at 12:50 after all was said and done.

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    396 karma

I would plan for at least 5 hours, and that's only if conditions are favorable and there are no major hiccups or malfunctions. I took the test in November and there were about 100 people with a 12:30pm start. Once you get there everyone has to be checked-in, given their tablet, and given instructions. This whole process started late and by the time we actually started the test it was just after 2pm. Luckily, everything ran smoothly from this point on. There are five sections, with a short break given between the third and fourth. I was out by around 5:45pm and lucky apparently, as I've read many a story of some people having 8 or 9 hour days due to tablet or testing center issues. I would be prepared with the appropriate snacks and such, just in case.

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

In between the sections that are back to back, for example sections 1 and 2, is there any pause? For example, back when it was a paper test I understand that the proctor would call time at the end of a section, briefly read some instructions, and then tell you to open the next section and begin working. Since it is digital now, is there something like that? or does it transfer from one section ending to the next section beginning within that split second?