Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Tips for New Comers

tsamvelyantsamvelyan Alum Member
in General 431 karma
So, my account will end today and I've taken the LSAT and I'm done, hopefully (that depends on my Feb. LSAT score). I've studied for over a year. Unfortunately, it was difficult to balance working 50-60 hours with studies, but it's all in the past. Here's what I've learned, and I hope this helps everyone else who's starting to study or is in the process of studying:

1. Learn the Logic (conditions, reversals, everything)! - 7sage does a wonderful job with explaining it, so spend a lot of time understanding it. The curve breaker questions require heavy use of conditional logic and logic overall, so, if you know Logic, this will be put you up there. I remember a quote from an LSAT book it said "if you don't learn logic, you're destined to go to law school in Tijuana". Sad, but true - although I don't know if there is a law school in Tijuana :)

2. Logical Reasoning - I used LR Bibles, LSAT Trainer and Manhattan study books in conjunction with 7sage, and while some may say they tend to conflict one another, I found them to actually compliment each other (e.g. in my opinion Manhattan LR book does a better job at explaining NA/SA questions than the Bibles do, whereas The LSAT Trainer is the best at explaining Flaw/Weaken questions).

3. Logic Games - Practice, practice, practice. I improved on Logic Games within 2 weeks of studying and what I did, is I printed like 50 logic games, 4 copies of each and I did and re-did them until I got every single one right. Once you see the patterns, the questions come naturally.

4. Reading Comp. - I am not an expert and this was my worst section, but The LSAT Trainer is the best tool along with Reading Comp Bible. But, in my personal view, it is very difficult to improve on this section.

5. Practice Tests - I used 7sage for the blind review, but there were times where I was having hard time understanding the explanations (especially for LR section - sorry 7sage). Two weeks before my test I found lsathacks.com and I think they do the best job at explaining LR. The idea behind LR argument questions is to reduce the question stem into conclusion and evidence and do what's required (weaken, strengthen, find flaw, you get it). Best part, it's free.

Good luck everyone!

Comments