Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT and LSAT-Flex prep

sk144404sk144404 Core Member
in General 237 karma

I would like to know the communities thoughts on how to study for upcoming flex tests. My thought is that it no longer makes sense to take standard full length PT's if you are planning on taking a flex test. Would taking three sections instead of five be advisable? Obviously it cannot hurt to do more questions - but as JY has mentioned many times - the goal of PT's is to recreate test day conditions...

LSAT-Flex PT
  1. Which is *better*?28 votes
    1. 3 section PTs
      75.00%
    2. 5 section PTs
      25.00%

Comments

• AwokenNovaAwokenNova Alum Member
    176 karma

I would say if you're going to do LSAT-flex do 3 section PT's. They're going to double the score of the LR, so I want personally want to see how I will do in these conditions. If the fear is more problems, the way I think about it is I will have more time to do 3 section PT's than 5. Could be easier to get more practice test simulations in I would imagine.

• AwokenNovaAwokenNova Alum Member
    176 karma

I would be interested to see why people are doing 5 section PTs for a 3 section test? Is it just for stamina? Are you all intending to do flex and then a regular one afterwards? just curious.

• keepgoing.keepgoing. Member
    365 karma

@AwokenNova said:
    I would be interested to see why people are doing 5 section PTs for a 3 section test? Is it just for stamina? Are you all intending to do flex and then a regular one afterwards? just curious.

I was thinking of practicing 4 sections for stamina but also because I am unsure which future tests will be flex or not. unless they already announced it and I am unaware

• sk144404sk144404 Core Member
    237 karma

@AwokenNova where did you hear that LR is worth double? I don't know how I feel about that. I was under the impression your raw score would be multiplied by roughly 1.34 to get a comparable in-person raw score..

• dcstyles51dcstyles51 Alum Member
    edited May 2020 320 karma

@AwokenNova @"seamus.kirk5"
    They're not double counting the logical reasoning. They've already stated this on their official website.
    https://www.lsac.org/blog/law-school-admission-time-covid-19-top-10-questions-about-lsat-flex

"We are not double-counting Logical Reasoning questions on the LSAT-Flex. The Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension questions on the LSAT-Flex will be scored without weighting one section more than another. The LSAT-Flex will include roughly the same number of Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension questions, so if you find one type of question more challenging than others, you may want to focus your preparation on those questions."

• sk144404sk144404 Core Member
    237 karma

@dcstyles51 Saw that on their website - makes much more sense!