Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many times is typical to FP?

jcho1234jcho1234 Member
in Logic Games 108 karma

Hi!

I just started Fool Proofing PTs 17-33 (basically CC games). I do about one test’s worth of games a day and noticed a trend of mastering them on day 2 (0 wrong and under the target time).

Ok so my question is why ten copies?
If each day is two copies of the same test (one for when you first take it that day, and the other for after you watch the explanation video). But with a 2 day trend of “mastering”, I can’t imagine why the general rule is to print out 10 copies, or 5 days worth of FPing?

Am I missing something? I’m getting a dreadful feeling that maybe I’m rushing it or missing the point? I know it’s not because I’m good at games. Hmm. I honestly think I just have decent short term memory and that’s biasing my ability to make inferences correctly the next day. But I’m definitely making them. Is that the point? And if so, does it last? Or should I be returning to the games I “mastered” way the f later and try them again when the learned inferences are less fresh? Maybe I answered my own question.

So tired. :T

Please help explain what I’m missing!!

help

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited May 2020 8318 karma

10 isnt a hard rule... just saying do it a bunch of times until you can blast out the inferences smoothly and you feel like you own the game. For me, its typically twice in a day then again a day or two later, followed by maintenance (revisiting every so often).

• jcho1234jcho1234 Member
    108 karma

Maintenance. Yes. I like that!

Honestly just wishing it would click already. Brain hurts.

• AllyM_123AllyM_123 Alum Member
    139 karma

I also want to add that printing out 10 copies and marking them up might not be helpful anymore since the exam is online. My best practice is taking an online LG sections (computer, tablet, whatever works) and then making the inferences and game setups on my scratch paper. There's an option to create fresh copies for any of the problem sets you create on 7Sage. So I create a problem set with 4 games from a PT and then make however many copies I think is necessary as I move along in the fool proof method. Works better for the digital exam and is more environmentally friendly :smile:

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

I have a different approach. I dont think its as useful to do a game 10 times in a row. I do a game, move on to the next, and ill move back to the original game once i do a full cycle of say 20 games. Idk, for me i dont find it helpful to immediatley do the same game again? seems like i memorized the inference. Thats the whole point, but i dont think its helpful to memorize it as oppose to know how to do it. When you already have it memorized from just doing the game its not accurate of your ability to make it again.

Thats why i return to a game after a long time.