Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FLEX Technology and Loaner Devices

studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
in General 5254 karma

Is anyone being mailed a loaner device because of not having the technology for the FLEX test in May? If so, what type of device is it? Thanks!

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

i havent heard anything like this. Im also curious. I tested the requirements on proctor u so my computer seems fine anyway. But i am curious what kind of device they loan. I imagine a tablet is probably disadvantageous to a full size computer?

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

On the Proctoru site, it says they don't support tablets, but on Reddit people are talking about loaner tablets. Please let me know if you hear more details and I'll do the same. Thanks.

5254 karma

Hoping we find out this out soon.

• ryaaan777ryaaan777 Member
    29 karma

i'm guessing LSAC is sending out surface go since it's the device they use for the digital lsat. It's technically a tablet but running windows, I'm assuming the reason ProctorU says tablets are not supported is that iOS and android can't run proctorU software but windows can

• EveryCookCanGovernEveryCookCanGovern Alum Member
    edited May 2020 401 karma

Yea on the proctoru homepage it specifies ios and android os tablets are not supported. So long as you switched out safe mode for windows home on your surface go it should be good.

5254 karma

Thanks for this information. So it was likely reset to run with a camera, microphone, and internet access? Would a mouse and external keyboard be allowed since it's allowed on laptops?