Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Approach to LR? 7Sage, The Loophole, PS, etc.

kelly_9876kelly_9876 Core Member

For those of you who have mastered LR: Did you incorporate information from various resources such as 7Sage, The Loophole (by Ellen Cassidy), Powerscore, etc. or focus solely on 7Sage?
From previous conversations I've gathered some supplement 7Sage with The Loophole.. before I dive into this approach is there any advice for potentially avoiding any confusion (conflicting explanations, for example)?
Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• cldennis94cldennis94 Core Member
    145 karma

My tutor (a 7sage alum) encouraged me to use the loophole. I found it very helpful. The Loophole, along with the LSAT Trainer, in addition to the CC of 7sage should prep you well for LR.

• keepcalmandneuronkeepcalmandneuron Alum Member
    470 karma

I did Powerscore bibles to cover the basics to pull myself from 144-150 range, 7sage CC to get to mid-150's range and when doing drills, I substantiated my studies with the LSAT Trainer chapters on how to approach each question type (how to parse out right answer from the wrong ones) so I could parse out the nuances. I've just incorporated Loophole strategies in LR and I used to get -9~10 per each LR section but now I am hitting ~5~6 per section after pre-phrase method.

To get from high 150's to mid160's I think you need: 1) strong foundations on logic 2) an ability to pre-phrase the argument in your own words and precisely parse out premise and conclusion.

If you are worried about conflicting explanations, I would say the only big difference from PS vs Trainer vs Loophole vs 7sage was whether you should read the Question stem vs Stimulus first and how they grouped different LR Question types but other than that, I didn't find any glaring differences among those study materials!

• GodsPlanGodsPlan Member
    176 karma

Not a master but I have worked up from missing an average of 13 questions per section to 5/6 questions per section (I miss them because I can't beat the timer just yet :neutral: )

What I can say is that 7sage in conjunction with Loophole will help alot and won't provide any conflicting ideas. I actually preferred Ellens method on going about doing LR compared to 7sage. But with that being said, there's not too much that you don't learn in the curriculum from 7sage when compared to the Loophole book (I think notable things are just strong/weak language indicators & the focus on reading stimuli in one go to save time).

But ya, nothing conflicting based on my experiences. Once again, not a master...Yet :blush:

• kelly_9876kelly_9876 Core Member
    144 karma

Thank you for all the helpful advice!