Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you do to prepare yourself before taking a PT?

emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
edited February 2015 in General 3462 karma
Hi,

I was curious in finding out what approach you may all take before taking a PT? Such as do you do certain game set/practice problems before a PT? Do you read articles? Do you exercise? What is it that you do that gets your mind ready for a PT?

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    I thought about it as test day (even the day before... like okay tm is the LSAT) and try to do as much of what I would do/encounter on test day. if you have the time you can get a game, maybe a few questions in. Then just go and dive in. Make sure you try a few things out to see how your brain reacts best. Light prep right b4? a good amount of prep? Prep an hr b4 instead of right b4? going hard the night b4? easy/nothing night b4? all things you want to figure out so you can be better prepared for the actual test day
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    But i feel like i'm always dreading the process =/
    2654 karma
    well ya but gotta get over it, can't go into test day thinking all negatively and that
    3462 karma
    I know. But it's like I can't get rid of it until the actual test. So I was wondering what I could do to feel as if I'm about to take a PT that I enjoy. It's kind of hard for me to fake anything. Especially to myself because I know it's not true.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2015 3438 karma
    @emli1000 here are some test taker routines from a discussion that seems to be from long long ago in a galaxy far far away... http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/5172
    I would definitely take a look at these and see what works for you... and practice that at least once a week on Saturday... hopefully they help and D Day will be a just like a PT for you.
    3462 karma
    Thanks Nilesh S
  • bwrc1992bwrc1992 Alum Member
    58 karma
    everyones different. it's all in our head.

you're better than the lsat. be better than the lsat.
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    I think that as you begin to see improvement, your feelings might start to change. I know that I started to look forward to PTs once my scores crept up. Until then, try to think about how great it's going to feel when you reach your goal score. Look at every PT as an opportunity to get closer to that feeling!
  • jwarre26jwarre26 Alum Member
    39 karma
    “I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.” – Og Mandino "The Greatest Salesman in the World"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    50 karma
    I do Yoga and meditate by the beach. I find that to be helpful for me
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I mentally get ready.
    Wake up at the same time, head to the gym, come home and eat, then I write it.
    2654 karma
    I try and get a nice little workout in, nothing too crazy or overboard but gets the blood pumping
    578 karma
    I like to go for a run or hike with my trainer to keep me from thinking of lsat the whole time. I live in Calabasas, CA so there are a lot of beautiful hills around me which relaxes me. Find a nice spot to exercise. I also eat very healthy before I start the test so that I don't feel crappy which bad foods make you feel like.
    3462 karma
    Thanks everyone. I wish I lived by the beach =/ the closest beach is 4 hours away from where I live. I could def see myself going just about every day. Just laying out tanning and attempting to study lol
    578 karma
    @emli1000 lol I feel ya! I wouldn't survive with lsat studying if I lived by the beach (it's 30 min away from me, wouldn't be a bad idea driving there lol). But find a nice spot by your place to exercise, go with a friend so you can talk about non-lsat related stuff during your exercise
    50 karma
    I live on the beach haha so for me it's easier but I've had those days where I rather go out and tan instead