Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If we are taking LSAT flex, should we modify prep test structure?

kelseyperkins1192kelseyperkins1192 Core Member
in General 66 karma

I am taking the June 14th LSAT Flex. However, in the prep tests I'm doing, they have 4 sections - 2 LR, 1 LG, and 1 RC. Since the LSAT Flex only has one section of each, how should i prepare for this? Is there a way to make a unique prep test with only 3 sections? Or should I just take them as normal?

Thanks!!

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

idk I would just do what you do normally. 4 section tests or if you practice with 5 I guess you can go down to 4.

• lizzogonzolizzogonzo Member
    628 karma

You could turn each section into a problem set (via resources tab). Just pick one of the LR sections and then make the other LR section for practice. Then just take the sections as you would under the conditions of the actual test (this is difficult, but essentially there is only a short break in between the 3 sections). Hope this helps.

• camc2640camc2640 Member
    10 karma

I am also doing LSAT Flex. My plan is to take 3 sections by simply skipping the 2nd LR section (will use it to practice more later) - and seeing how many I got wrong. There is then a score calculator on 7Sage or Google to give you your approximate score.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I am taking flex in July. Since others have already commented on the testing process I won't comment further there but will tell you that I have modified my prep. LR was my best section and with it previously counting for 50% of my score it could, for the most part, make up for the fact the my RC was all over the place. With RC actually counting the most ( based on the fact that it will have 1-2 more questions) I focused on improving in RC. In my opinion, this test rewards the all arounders so I would focus on making sure that you don't have a weak section and that your studying reflects a balance of all sections. I am not sure how many tests you have taken in the 80's but there is a certian subtleness to them, so I would make sure that you are doing a detailed BR on tests in the 80's as well.

• The JudgesThe Judges Free Trial Member
    364 karma

Train for what you're doing. If its three sections do three. There is no point in overtraining, like why train a weekly marathon if you're going to race a 5k.