Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High school dropout wishing to get into T14?

clairelexclairelex Free Trial Member
in General 17 karma

Hi guys! I need an advice on something that's been bothering me all day. I haven't applied to any school yet but I found out that some schools actually ask you to list high school attended on their apps. As a high school dropout who got a GED instead of a hs diploma, I'm worried that this might look bad to some schools. Do schools (more specifically T14) care where/if you graduated from a high school or does it not matter at all as long as you have a college degree? Thank you!!

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

You're fine. A GED is an acceptable credential at most colleges and there are many reasons why someone might drop out of high school. That was then. What you do as an adult is far more important. Your college GPA and LSAT are what matters for law school. The applications simply ask you to name a high school--no transcript or high school GPA--and you can contact them for instructions on what to do if there isn't a built in option for the GED.