Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not feel like improving on LR questions?

I was wondering if there is anyone who feels the same but I feel like I am not improving on LR accuracy even after practicing sections after sections. I review all the questions I flagged and got wrong but it just seems like I will still get -6 or -8 the next time. I will also redo them and get most of them right.

I scored a 163 on the May flex and I am really looking to get to 170 on the July one. I feel like doing better on LR is essential for me to get closer to that goal.

For people who have any success stories about improving significantly on LR, would you mind sharing your approach and some advice if possible? I would really appreciate that. Living along for about 3 month now, the stress and anxiety is building up...

Comments

• Ryan1234Ryan1234 Core Member
    edited June 2020 21 karma

Although I'm new to LSAT prep, I can tell LR is all about confidence, concentration and interpretation. For me, writing out tips after certain hard LR questions with teachable moments has been very helpful. For example, Tip #5: in a convoluted stimuli, the last sentence is usually not the main point. Tip #8: In LR, if a word such as "vote" is repeated many times (3+), it has something to do with the main argument. Simply writing these down (not jamming them into my brain!) while practicing/reviewing LR sections has helped me realize how simple LR can be. I would also recommend practicing concentration in your daily life, ex. not checking your phone while folding laundry or reading a novel. The key is to get lost in everything you do. You actually won't be lost at all.

• Ryan1234Ryan1234 Core Member
    21 karma

One more thing because now I think what I said earlier is dumb. Really look at the answer choices you are deciding between and for each one ask "Is this wrong or is this right?" Most times, we don't ask this. We just focus on what we think fits best. This simple question will always help you decide between something disguised as correct and something that can actually be concluded/supported but just feels weird. So yeah, it's logic based at the end of the day, and the most logical answer always wins. Get in the habit of asking yourself what is wrong and what is right when you're stuck :). > @Ryan1234 said:

Although I'm new to LSAT prep, I can tell LR is all about confidence, concentration and interpretation. For me, writing out tips after certain hard LR questions with teachable moments has been very helpful. For example, Tip #5: in a convoluted stimuli, the last sentence is usually not the main point. Tip #8: In LR, if a word such as "vote" is repeated many times (3+), it has something to do with the main argument. Simply writing these down (not jamming them into my brain!) while practicing/reviewing LR sections has helped me realize how simple LR can be. I would also recommend practicing concentration in your daily life, ex. not checking your phone while folding laundry or reading a novel. The key is to get lost in everything you do. You actually won't be lost at all.

• A Girl Knows NothingA Girl Knows Nothing Alum Member
    68 karma

Honestly, I love 7Sage, but I have seen better results from loophole so far! I think it’s a lot of the same stuff, but they teach you how to think like JY (you know when he teaches us in essence we see into what he’s thinking when he answers a questions) well loophole actually shows you how to do it!!

But if anything, I would review the CC on the question types you are getting wrong! So if you are not strong on NA, re-visit it in the CC!