Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem Set Review Results Analytics

sammychewssammychews Member
in General 210 karma

Hi all, I need some clarification on how to interpret the Review Results Analytics after problem sets are completed.

After completing a problem set, when hovering over the “Answer Choices” (A, B, C, D, E) what do the numbers above each choice represent? They look like a range of LSAT scores. Do/how do these numbers correlate to the “Curve” bar to the right of the “Answer Choices”?

Lastly, what are the differences between "Question Difficulty" and "Psg/Game/S Difficulty"?

Thanks!

help

Comments

• Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
    851 karma

Hi there,

This lesson will show you how to interpret your Analytics.: https://7sage.com/lesson/analytics-trends

When you finish a Problem Set/PrepTest, you'll be able to view the Results and show information about each question's Timing, Answer Choices, Curve, Difficulty, and Priority as shown below:

The Timing indicates the actual time you spent on each question. The system calculates your target time based on collected data from top scorers and your actual time. The target time may have been missing on some questions because the system doesn’t have enough data yet to generate a “target time”.

The numbers you see on the Answer Choices are the average PrepTest scores of people who chose that answer. So, for PTJ07 S1 Q01 where it says 153 for A, that means of everyone who took PrepTest June 2007, we look at the subset of those people who chose A for that question and we average their PrepTest scores. It came out to 153. The percentage under the answer choice means the percentage of people who chose that answer. See the screenshot below:

The Curve gives you an idea of how this question is “curved” – in other words, what level of scorer is likely to get this question right. It shows a model of scaled LSAT score vs. probability of getting the question correct. It is based on student test results for each question.

The gray bar extends from the score for a 25% chance, to the score for a 75% chance of getting the question correct. The black line in the middle is the score for a 50% chance of getting the question correct.

The percentage at the right of the curve is the expected chance of someone with the same score as you on that PrepTest getting that question correct. See the screenshot below:

The Question Difficulty is referring to the difficulty of the individual questions within the section itself. The “Passage” or “Game” or “Section” difficulty is an average of the individual questions’ difficulty that make up the “Passage” or “Game” or “Section.”

The Priority is determined between how frequent the type of question appears and how well or bad you did on those questions. It is then assigned as a low or high priority. High priority means you should focus on improving your understanding of those questions.

Please let me know if that helped. I just want to make sure that I've fully answered your question.

• sammychewssammychews Member
    210 karma

Thank you Theo this was above and beyond what I needed!