Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law School Admissions for the Fall of 2020

EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
edited June 2020 in Law School Admissions 703 karma

Does anybody have data about the situation law schools are facing this upcoming year? Are more people choosing to defer? Have more withdrawn? Will we not know until August?

Comments

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited June 2020 1866 karma

It really depends on the school so you'll have to check what your university says. There's an ongoing reddit thread for updates:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LawSchool/comments/ha8xwg/tracking_fall_2020_remote_or_inperson_learning/

I believe more people would choose to defer than withdraw (since you'd have to apply all over again if you did). I'm also guessing law school applications will increase in the coming years as people choose to go back to school following the economic downturn, so it might be rough to re-compete against what I'd imagine to be a larger pool of applicants.

• MrsRobinson1MrsRobinson1 Alum Member
    106 karma

Hi there,
    I am writing the Aug Lsat and have the same question as you. I think we will see a Flex for the August take due to new cases of Covid in many states. I think some people may have deferred because of the online component or perhaps they have lost their jobs and have a funding issue? I am not sure but I think Covid will also impact the 2021 cycle as well. Some people may not wish to invest in law school because of losing their jobs and may delay another cycle. Many different issues.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Later in the summer we'll have more information. A lot of people have been on Reddit talking about months of waitlists.