Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fundamental differences between exams in 50s/60s and 70s/80s?

alexn333alexn333 Member
in General 10 karma

Over the past few months I've taken about 16 exams from the 50s-80s and even excluding the scores I got towards the start of my studying, it appears there is a significant gap in the average scores for my exams from the 50s/60s (avg. 172, max 176, min 170), and the 70s/80s (avg. 168, max 171, min 167).

The difference in my performance comes from the RC and LG sections, but I'm not sure why... Are there certain question types that have become more common in the more recent exams in both RC and LG? Any help figuring this out would be much appreciated. At the moment I'm just wishing I could have taken the exam a decade ago.

Comments

• legallyconfusedlegallyconfused Alum Member
    edited December 2020 350 karma

deleted

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Some test items seem more wordy, maybe. Not sure yet, though.

• ARMANC74ARMANC74 Member
    210 karma

I wouldn't say that the tests are harder, they're just more abstract. Best way to think about it is how they frame SA questions. Before it was mostly conditional, now it's more dependant on if you actually have a grasp of the argument opposed to conditional logic and just mapping everything out. For LG, the 3rd or 4th game are abstract games as well but honestly they're kind of easier, they just hinge on you grasping that one subtle clue to the game, and once you do, everything becomes a breeze