Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July FLEX mysterious time slot problem

DINOSAURDINOSAUR Member
edited June 2020 in June 2020 LSAT 591 karma

I set up my time zone in GMT+8, but the time slots were still shown in CST. Did anyone experience the same problem? For sure I can calculate the time difference by myself, but the email that the LSAC sent me says the test date available to me is 4am-5pm on 7/17 (ET). But I was able to pick 8:30pm CST on the website. I think something must have gone wrong. It makes me anxious. And it seems that the website is not functioning anymore and there is no response from Proctor U support. Did anyone encounter the same problem?

Comments

• 13053372111305337211 Core Member
    28 karma

hey Could u tell me how to sign up for time slot? Somehow LSAC didn’t send me the instruction email as it supposed to

• ElichunksElichunks Member
    edited June 2020 69 karma

@1305337211 If you are using gmail, make sure to check your "Promotions" inbox. Somehow my instruction mail got stuck there :/

• DINOSAURDINOSAUR Member
    edited June 2020 591 karma

Go to Proctor U website. Change the password. Sing in. Set up your account. Then you can pick your time slot.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Yes, do a password recovery and write down your new login info.

• 474 karma

Yeah I got a weird slot as well 5:50 pm

edited June 2020 591 karma

No the time slot is not weird for me. It is a perfect time for me. 7/17 8:30pm CST would be 7/18 9:30am GMT+8, while the original time slots allowed in the email is 7/17 4pm-7/18 5am for me, super weird time slots for taking a test! So I’m wondering whether CST means something else? Or the system is broken, it says CST, but actually it means GMT+8?

• andywsoccerandywsoccer Member
    83 karma

Im not sure if im right, but someone told me that CST means CHINESE STAndard time instead of Central standard time. I also registered for a GMT+8 time, and had the same questions. If we assume that it means chinese time, then I think the time mentioned in the email would be the same as the one stated in proctor U. (at least that's how I went by.) (mentioning this just so you wont go online at the wrong time, tho im not so sure myself. And yes, LSAC/PROCTOR U shouldve clarified this ughhh

• ana78789ana78789 Member
    19 karma

Central time is CDT on ProctorU

591 karma

Thanks @andywsoccer and @ana78789. I didn't know CST could mean Chinese Standard Time :( Gonna call the LSAC to complain.

591 karma

Hey everyone! Today I finally got response from Proctor U, they confirmed CST stands for China Standard Time. Not US Central Standard Time.

• NinoSaniNinoSani Alum Member
    100 karma

I was confused about that as well, I am writing GMT+4 but that wasn't clarified in the email from LSAC. Also the time slots that I was choosing on the Proctor U were adjusted to the time zone I chose, I didn't have to convert to the Eastern Time as it was said in the email.
    This seems like such a careless error...

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Acronyms like this need to be spelled out. I hope this gets fixed soon.