Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any tips for not getting 'Tunnel Vision' ?

in General 65 karma

During the test I always get 'tunnel vision' and because of this I miss tiny but very important details. Do you guys have any tips to avoid this tendency?

Comments

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4588 karma

What sections do you tunnel vision on?

I struggle with this a lot on LG.

The way I combat this is to create a specific place in my proces where I will look at the whole picture to connect things. It will be usually 1) After I write each rule, I try to connect it with all previous rules and 2) After splitting the game boards, I will take a step back and see what's open and whats restricted.

I used to also tunnel vision and try to brute force and answer every question in order, but I don't do that anymore because I chose to change the my process. I specifically use brute force as a last resort, after I finished every other question in the game. I also choose to use pre-existing game boards from other games before brute forcing as well.

• 16 karma

I think this is why theres a lot of recommendations on video tapping yourself doing PT's, you can objectively see how you progress through the test

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

And the digital tests and problem sets on here will show how much time you spent on each question.