Help!! 167 - should I retake??

raevco25raevco25 Alum Member
in General 139 karma

I received a 167 on the June test and have a 3.98 GPA. Georgetown and Vanderbilt are top 2 choices, but I'm wondering if I should retake the test in August to increase my chances of admission and scholarships. I am a little worried about getting a lower score, which I don't anticipate but I guess is always possible.

Comments

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14060 karma

I'll let others address the retake situation but I just want to squeeze in a congratulations! You've earned a great score.

• 25 karma

Congrats, that's a fantastic score! I think that the decision to retake should always depend on the answer to the following questions. Are you confident you can do better? Why?

Usually this will depend on where your PT's were at before the test and if you believe that you have enough time and energy to devote to continued study to improve.

I do think that your GPA and LSAT give you a solid shot at admission with money, but another 5 points or so would make that almost a guarantee and would definitely improve your odds. It's up to you to decide whether or not that uptick in points is attainable, but I do think that it'd be worth it.

• 15ahrm15ahrm Member
    20 karma

You've got the median LSAT and higher than average GPA, if your references and essay are just as good– you'll get into Georgetown no problem. You're in the 75th percentile LSAT score for Vanderbil. Again, no need to retake it. Congrats on the score!

• raevco25raevco25 Alum Member
    139 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:
    I'll let others address the retake situation but I just want to squeeze in a congratulations! You've earned a great score.

J.Y., I know you get this a lot, but I never imagined I would receive this score, so I am eternally grateful for 7Sage and all your work!

• erik.sageerik.sage Core Member
    20 karma

Congratulations!!! You did phenomenal and should be so proud of yourself! Get your application in early and you should be accepted no problem! Also depends on your average practice test scores, if you consistently score in the 170 range then I would retake solely for the purpose of scholarships. Also did they give a conversion table chart for the June lsat flex? I am so frustrated that LSAC has not released an official one yet.