Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Signing Up For August LSAT When Taking July

dunawh75dunawh75 Member
in General 25 karma

So, I've been studying for the LSAT since February but only got 7Sage in mid-April. While I've seen massive improvement, I just hit an all-time high this past weekend (FINALLY breaking the 170 barrier!) and I think with another month or so I could score that on the actual exam.

I'm scheduled to take the July LSAT-flex this coming week, and the deadline for August is July 15. I don't want to take the October since I'm hoping to be getting my applications out by then. I guess I'm wondering if there's a disadvantage to prematurely signing up for the August test? If I score my highest I would try and back out of the exam unless, for some reason, that's a huge "no" to schools. I've been super anxious about it and feel like having the August as a safety net would help but am worried of any unanticipated consequences I may not be thinking of.

Comments

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited July 2020 4588 karma

To my knowledge, there's no penalty for signing up for the August test and backing out if you get a good score from the July Flex. Well, the penalty is the $200 you won't get back, but in the big picture of things, for piece of mind I would go ahead and sign up for it. That's what I did :smile:

I don't even think law schools know if you withdraw. I believe law schools only know if you cancel a score, or if you signed up, did not withdraw, and you didn't show up.