Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Use Or Not To Use (Pt89)

Liam____Liam____ Member
in General 45 karma

Hello, I’ve taken all the PT’s in the 70’s and 80’s except for 89. I’m wondering if it would be beneficial to take PT89 before the upcoming LSAT this week or if I should save it to use for later if/when I begin studying for the August LSAT. On one hand, I want to be as up to date with the most recent material as possible. But at the same time, I don’t want to burn through my last “new” PT if I do end up studying for August. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• EllegoalsEllegoals Member
    342 karma

Well, word on the street is that the July test will be taken from various non-disclosed tests from the past which may or may not be from the 80's (could be from the 70's or earlier). Also, since you've taken all other tests from the 80's, I would say you're pretty up to date, I'm not sure how big of a difference one more test would make.

When are you taking the July test? If you're taking it this weekend, I probably wouldn't take 89. If you're taking it sometime next week, that may be more of a reason to take it since you have time to review. Good luck!

• Liam____Liam____ Member
    45 karma

the 14th, thanks for the advice. I hadn't heard that about the July test - good to know! I guess it makes sense that LSAC would pull from past tests now that they haven't had the ability to test experimental sections in quite some time.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I am also taking the test on the 14th. I took my last PT a couple of days ago and while I have taken 89 I have one or two left from the 80's and a couple from the 70's because I am going to sign up for August just in case. If you are happy with your last PT score I would leave it as is. Just work on sections or problem sets at this point. I am doing some sections and questions in Lawhub to get used to it as well as slowly reviewing what I think will be my last PT that I took earlier in the week. I also trying to get other things done and hopefully find some time to relax over the weekend. Don't worry about taking PT 89, nothing in that PT that you haven't seen other versions of in the tests in the 80's already.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Last months test was pulled from feb 11/12 while may was from as late as oct 19. I’d say use it if you need to but don’t feel like you have to.